Incredibly, food and water is regulated by healthcare providers and considered “medical treatment” when delivered by feeding tube. This is a treatment relied upon by millions of Americans annually, and countless Americans die each year from the fatal withdraw of basic food and water. Yet hope exists to change how healthcare providers regulate access to this basic and ordinary care.
- Oregon Senate Committee Votes Out SB 494, Endangers Countless Medically Vulnerable (June 07, 2017)
- An Agonizingly Cruel Death Sentence (April 24, 2017)
- Bill Would Allow Starving Mentally Ill Patients (February 07, 2017)
- Boy Dies After Hospital Left Him So Dehydrated, Parents Found Him Sucking Wet Wipes (November 01, 2016)
- Fewer Dementia Patients in Nursing Homes Get Feeding Tubes (August 19, 2016)
- She Was Alert and Responsive, But Denied Food & Water (August 02, 2016)